Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Song Crush #1

When I first started blog-stalking, I had only one that I read. It was one of my dear family-friends, and she is a talented writer. Here is the link to her blog. Anyway, Mindy does what she calls "Song Crushes". I like the idea, so I am going to start a Song Crush Collection. My best friend recently asked me if I even like music. I laughed. Because I do really enjoy it and whether it be Pandora (which is my favorite) or iTunes or just the regular radio. I wish I could be like her, you know, one of those legit hipster granola people who is super in tune with the cover bands and people that start in coffee shops and all of that. I WISH I WAS THAT COOL. But the reality is, I'm not. I don't spend time looking up edgy acoustic bands, even though I think it's cool. However, I do stumble across songs and I become obsessed with them and listen to them for about a week straight. So, here's to having those recorded somewhere!

The first time I heard this song, I saw it on a friend's Facebook wall. I thought it was cheesy. The next time I heard it was on one of my sorority sister's engagement video, which by the way is the most precious thing I've ever seen in my life. I've learned since then that one of my good friends and her fiance are having their first dance to this song at their wedding in a few months. Anyway, this song is precious and I happen to love Train. And maybe someday this song will mean more than other precious people in ridiculously cute relationships. But for now it just makes me excited for all of my sweet friends that are engaged and gives this hopeless romantic a glimmer of hope. ;)





-m.

No comments:

Post a Comment