Wednesday, June 22, 2011

it's over?

This will be my last blog post from Moscow...
I really can't believe our time is up. The past month felt soo fast but really long at the same time. I'm looking forward to getting home and seeing my family and friends, but I'm not looking forward to saying goodbye to my team that has so quickly become my family. My Moscow experience has changed me and my heart for the world. When I leave here in a few hours, I honestly do not think this will be my last time in this huge city. That is another whole post though....

To keep myself from being sad right now, some things that I'm very excited about that are in America:

Seeing my family.
Being reunited with my best friends.
Driving a car instead of walking.
Being able to read.
Being able to order at a restaurant and know exactly what I'm getting.
Getting to share my experience with all of the people who have supported me and prayed for me through this.
Pictures to my computer :)
Showering with hot water and without shoes.

Some things I will miss...
My team that has become so dear to my heart.
Carmel McFlurrys.
Talking in a British accent at any given moment and being completely normal.
My Russian friends.
The sun staying up until 11 pm.
Laughing really hard at my/my team's inadequacy at all things Russian.
The metro.
Metro pastries.
Snuggling on my bed with all the girls.
Heart to hearts on my bed with Mark and Kaleb.
Life stories.
Being the caboose at all team outings with LP. :)
H&M.
Red Square.
...the list could go on forever.

My heart is overwhelmed with gratitude to God and everyone who has given and prayed for me through this experience. I'm humbled that people like you invest in the Kingdom of Heaven by investing in me. Look for more posts from America soon.
I love each of you and I'm so, so thankful.

-m.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.9

No comments:

Post a Comment