Thursday, November 25, 2010

thankful.

At the end of every year, I find myself reflecting and thinking a lot. I always have so many things to be thankful for, but this year I feel especially blessed. At the beginning of 2010, I never would have imagined all the incredible people and relationships that would enter my life.


I am thankful for a God that lovingly corrects me and shows me that His plans are better than my own. I am thankful that He has taught me what it is to be completely out of my comfort zone, and grown me through those experiences. I am thankful that He chases after me even when I run from Him, and that He loves me more than I can begin to comprehend. I am thankful that He sent His son to die a brutal death so that I can be with Him for eternity, and that through Jesus I don't have to be afraid of death and that there is hope. I am thankful that through Jesus, God sees me as beautiful, no matter what I do or how bad I mess up. I am thankful that He sees me as beautiful and reminds me of it daily, even when the world doesn't think so. I am thankful that He is big and good and worthy, and that He showed me that through His creation so many times this year.




I am thankful for opportunities that I never would have chosen for myself. I'm thankful that I was thrown terribly far outside of my comfort zone, and had no choice but to tackle the challenges head on. I'm thankful that the Lord knows me and knew exactly what and who I would need in order to grow in Him.





I am thankful for my incredible friends who know me well, and still put up with me. I am thankful for mile deep relationships, that you can read all about here. :).




I am thankful for these precious blessings, and their parents who give me the best job that I could ever ask for. I am thankful for their sweet mother who has my back no matter what, and loves me like I am her own. I am thankful that she protects me and can lovingly speak truth into my life. I'm thankful for the countless meals they have fed me, and that they let me leave them for 10 weeks this summer, and still loved me all the same. I cannot imagine my life without them. They are a gift from God that will never be replaced and always have a very special part of my heart.






I am thankful for the only man in my life. I am thankful that he loves me unconditionally, even when I don't deserve it. I am thankful that he is generous and will do anything to give me the best opportunities. I'm thankful that he is patient with me and that he encourages me regardless of the circumstance. I am thankful for his humor and his positive outlook on life. I am so thankful for a father that is a great example of what the Heavenly Father's love is like for His people. I feel like I understand the love of Christ on a different level than a lot of people, because of the way my dad loves me. I cannot imagine a second of my life without him. He has been the only constant in my life in the last 20 years, and I am so so grateful for him.


I am thankful for two people who keep me in check and can always make me laugh no matter what. They are the only real people who know exactly what I feel and why I feel it in relation to anything with my parents. (weird, I haven't typed or said "parents" in a looong time.) They know me well and give me a hard time a lot of times, but I love them and I wouldn't have it any other way. I love knowing them separately and I have thoroughly enjoyed watching them grow up and develop into the people God has created them to be. I am proud of what leaders they are in their school and among their friends. They will both do big things and go great places. I look up to both of them more than they know.



I am thankful for all of the people in my life that encourage me and make me better. I am also thankful for the ones that don't, because without them I don't know how I would understand what love and friendship really look like. Of course, I could go on and on about the things I am thankful for, but I don't know if there is enough space on the internet. :). I am so blessed, and so so thankful.


"Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good. His love endures forever." -psalm 107:1


-m.

No comments:

Post a Comment